KitStart is a brand name owned by BaseKit Platform Ltd.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Any personal information you provide when using our products or services will only be used in accordance with this policy.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We will inform you of any changes made to this policy directly using the email address registered when you set up a KitStart account. You should check this page to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2023.
What information do we collect?
As a minimum, we require the following information in order for you to register for a free two week trial account with KitStart:
- Your first name and last name
- Your email address
- A password
Should you wish to upgrade your free two week trial account to a paid Start Simple or Start Premium account you will need to provide additional information, including:
- Your full postal address including your postcode / zip code
- Payment card details
We use third party providers for all card payments so we do not store your postal address or payment card details in our database at any time.
We’re not able to take responsibility for any information that you submit (for example via contact forms) via websites created and published by KitStart users.
How we use the information you provide
The information that we collect and store about you is primarily used to enable us to provide you with products and services related to KitStart. However, we may also use your information:
- To help us improve our products and services
- To send you email communications about special offers, news, hints and tips, product updates or other information which we think you may find helpful
- To contact you for product and market research purposes
Note that we will only use your information as described in points 2 and 3 above when you have explicitly opted in to receive such communications. You may opt out of these communications at any time by clicking the Unsubscribe link in any email or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storing your personal data
We store the data we collect on secure servers in data centres located in Europe. Any data we store is only accessible directly by a small number of authorised staff.
We may use third party suppliers to provide services such as payment card processing. These parties may store your data in locations outside of the EEA. We carefully review each supplier to ensure they handle data in line with this policy.
We will store your data for as long as you have an active account, whether it is a free account or a paid account. For all dormant accounts, we keep data for up to 5 years after which it is securely deleted.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is completely secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial processes to secure and safeguard the data we collect and store.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to us electronically. The transmission of data is entirely at your own risk.
- To identify users and provide personalised content and features
- To identify the content and features that are being used by the user
You may choose to enable or disable cookies. Most web browsers automatically enable cookies, but you can usually modify a browser’s settings to disable cookies if you prefer. If you disable cookies you will not be able to use our apps and you may not be able to take full advantage of our websites.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your information to third party suppliers that we work with to provide our products and services. We carefully review each supplier to ensure they handle data in line with this policy.
We may also disclose your information where we are required to do so by law.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- When registering your account with KitStart, you may opt in to receive promotional email communications.
- If you receive a promotional email, you may opt out by clicking the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email.
- At any time you can opt out of promotional email communications by sending a request to email@example.com.
- If you would like us to delete all the information we have collected about you, send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you would like to otherwise restrict the use of the information we have collected about you, send a request to email@example.com.
Should you wish to access the information we hold about you, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.